Wednesday, December 23, 2009

'Tis the Season!

Well, I haven't posted in a while, and I am just now getting back to a somewhat 'normal' life.  After 2 months of having cranky baby with us, I couldn't handle it anymore.  I started to go into shutdown mode, and at that point, I called the social worker and told her I couldn't take care of him anymore.  We were lucky enough to have a couple at church who was willing to take over, which was a blessing!  The baby, of course, was a happy baby for them, which was good for them, annoying for me, but at that point, I was so stressed out and cuckoo, it wouldn't have mattered if he had been a good baby.  Turns out my limit right now is 2 1/2 kids.  It is creeping it's way back up to 3, which I know the kids will be grateful for!
To try to snap myself out of this funk, I joined the gym at the begining of the month, which has helped me tremendously.  I have never been in shape, or been an active person by any means, so this has been an adjustment.  In high school I was always in the 'fat class' where you didn't have to run, because if I was graded on my running, I would get Fs! (The lowest I got before they switched me was a D, mom was not happy!)  Anyways, I met with a trainer and set up some goals, which surprisingly, I am meeting!  I go to the gym every morning during the week to do either Group Power or Group Kick.  And let me tell ya, it kicks my butt every time!  I may not do the moves right, but I'm pretty sure the sweat makes up for it! 
Photobucket
Hannah has been coming the the gym with us while school is out, and this week she has been doing rock wall climbing.  I was so surprised, this was her first time ever doing this, and I walked in to her climbing to the top!

So my goal is to reach my ideal weight by May, just in time for summer shorts and swimsuits!  When I reach my goal, I am hoping to reward myself with a cruise, or some fun thing!  Maybe a trip to Israel!

Now the household has a new routine, which seems to be working out quite well.  Asher is potty training, and is doing pretty well, as long as we are at home.  Other potties scare him to death, so he won't go anywhere else.  We will have to work on that!

Photobucket
Photobucket

The kids have been fun this Christmas season, running into santa at Walmart and decorating the tree have been the highlights.  We are going to decorate a gingerbread village tomorrow with Uncle Kyle and Michael!  After that it's off to eat yummy pizza and head to church for a candlelight service.  And we can't forget presents after with Grandma and Grandpa!  Round off the night with birthday cake and icecream!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!

We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, or as a friend would like to rename it, JESUS-mas! I am thankful for all my friends and family who stuck with us this year, but most of all, my God, who will never leave me, no matter what!

No comments: